Pages

Mar 14, 2012

Fed up with nausea? Try ginger tea.

Everyone around me seems to either be getting sick, or just having gotten over a cold. Including myself. I was sick for about a week, though now it has lessened to an annoying infrequent cough.

Nausea is one of those symptoms that is oh-so annoying, yet I still procrastinate treating it. I guess because it's not painful? Anyway, the quickest and most delicious way I have found to kick nausea in the butt is ginger tea. It's really easy to make, and it tastes like you're drinking gingerbread!

All you need is some fresh ginger, available at most grocery stores. Peel it, and then with a small hand grater, grate maybe a tsp worth into a cup.  Add in some hot water, and I like to add a squirt of fresh lemon and some raw honey. Stir it up, and don't worry about the ginger bits, eventually they will sink to the bottom.

In addition to helping quell your nausea, ginger can help with motion sickness, inflammation, indigestion, and may protect against cancer.

We all know the fresh lemon is tasty and has loads of vitamin c. But, did you know that raw honey is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral?
Honey, Wee Bee, 16oz/454g (Ultra-raw, pesticide-free)
Yum yum! 

Plus it tastes so good, much better than Mr. Teddy Bear.

Sorry teddy!



Poor Bear :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment